We operate as a hybrid between an equity fund and a diversified services corporation. We believe this operational structure is the fundamental third component of our value proposition; the
first being, a dedication to working with companies for whom affiliation with HOV will build new value for both parties engaged; and the second being, controlling ownership of each
company we consider for our portfolio.
We operate our businesses as if part of an equity fund portfolio:
- We organize our portfolio companies by industry by sector with forward-looking goals for combination based on the ultimate benefit to the target customer base and to us as the
owners. Part of our investment strategy for each deal is to initially, complete a thorough analysis of the industry and its respective segments, prior to making a platform
acquisition. Post platform acquisition, we continue to allow the companies to operate autonomously before building scale. Through inorganic growth, we scale our investments
by acquiring products and services in the space. Our goal is to become a leading, diversified player in every industry we enter increasing the overall benefit to our clients.
- By maintaining our portfolio companies as autonomous entities, we are able to execute strategic combinations or divestitures whenever the opportunity for an advantageous
We operate our businesses as a diversified services organization:
- We facilitate appropriate opportunities for each HOV portfolio company to cross-sell its services to the major clients of each other HOV portfolio company.
- We manage delivery of services based on best practices and contribution to profits from our global platform to our portfolio companies.
- We identify, in coordination with portfolio company senior management, strategic M&A opportunities, and we make those opportunities happen.
- We help our portfolio companies maintain and improve their cash flow and liquidity, and we identify opportunities for portfolio companies to take advantage of our relationships with
lending institutions and other financial partners.
- In this way, our portfolio companies receive support services similar to what they would receive as business units of a diversified services corporation.